The boutique hotel was built in 1952, and was the former home to the YWCA (Young Womens’ Christian Association). They rented dorm style rooms to young women who had relocated to Jackson from small rural Mississippi towns to work.
After sitting vacant for several years, the building was purchased by local attorney Michael J. Malouf to be converted into a bed and breakfast. Renovations began in May, 1996 and the Inn welcomed its first guests that November. Due to its proximity to the Old Capitol Museum, The Old Capitol Inn was given its name. With its New Orleans style serenity garden, Gala Ballroom and Rooftop garden The Old Capitol Inn is Jackson’s Premier location for receptions, proms, weddings, reunions, seminars, and a host of other activities.
226 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39201