Message from John Lewis with the Greater Belhaven Security Association
Between now and the end of the year, please following these Security Measures:
- -BE ALERT & AWARE of your surroundings at ALL times! When you are in vulnerable
situations, pay attention to what is going on around you.
- -If you see something suspicious, PLEASE CALL our Securitas Officer immediately.
They are likely just around the corner and can get there in just a few minutes.
- -Please put this number in your phone, under “SECURITY” or “SECURITAS”:
601-720-6452. When you call, please give them as much detailed info as possible.
- -Call JPD too! Often our Securitas Officer will also call JPD if it is security situation
that will potentially need law enforcement to effectively deal with. Given the sizes
of our Police Precincts, it may take a while for them to get to our neighborhoods.
- -DO NOT leave any valuables (gifts, packages, laptops, jewelry, cash, credit cards, etc)
in your cars! Especially overnight! Take them INSIDE your home. We do NOT want
our great neighborhoods to be known as the “Shopping Destinations” of the criminal
element in Jackson!
- -If you see something suspicious, PLEASE CALL our Securitas Officer immediately @
601-720-6452. They are likely just around the corner and can get there in just a few
minutes. They can “check out” the situation and deal with it as needed.
- -Be sure ALL of your exterior lights are working! The new LED light fixtures and bulbs
use very little electricity and put out tons of bright light! Add more if needed!
- -BE AWARE of your surroundings at ALL times! When you are in vulnerable situations,
pay attention to what is going on around you.
- -Help us increase our JPD Night Watch Patrols by joining GBSA! For $30 a month, you
can help be a huge part of a greater law enforcement presence in our neighborhood!
For more information, please call Adam @ 601-353-0800 or click on GBSA on the Greater
Belhaven Foundation’s website!
- -If you are a Greater Belhaven property owner, please SIGN the C.I.D. Petition, ASAP! Just
over $100,000/year, of the money that will be generated, will be dedicated to enhancing
security in our neighborhoods. Cameras, more patrols, enhanced security measures, and
many other things can be implemented, IF we get the petition signed and the CID voted on!